Special Olympics Cabarrus County
|Welcome to Special Olympics Cabarrus County! Based out of Cabarrus County Schools, Special Olympics Cabarrus County serves over 800 children and adults with disabilities throughout the county. Training and competition are offered in 16 sports as well as the Youth Athletes Program.Special Olympics Cabarrus County would not be as successful without loyal volunteers. Sign up today to coach a sport, help out at an event or serve on the local steering committee by contacting Emily Riley.
- Are you interested in learning more about Special Olympics Cabarrus County sports? Special Olympics Cabarrus County is having a sports interest meeting and sign ups.
When: Thursday, August 30th
Time: 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Where: Fire Station #9 Community Room (1020 Ivey Cline Road, Concord)
If you are unable to make it to the meeting but want to learn more about Special Olympics or want to participate in a sport, contact Emily Riley (704) 490-8036 or email@example.com
- Special Olympics Fall Sports have begun and are FREE to all qualifying individuals ages 8 years and older. If you are interested in participating in any of the sports below, please contact Emily Riley (704) 490-8036 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bocce – Tuesdays 5:30 – 6:30 pm (Senior Center – 331 Corban Ave. SE)
- Cycling – Saturdays 9:00 – 10:00 am (location – TBD)
- Individual Skills –Wednesdays 6:00 -7:00 pm (Natural Swing Golf – 2820 Poplar Tent Rd.)
- Course Play – Must be approved by Special Olympics Coach for Course Play
- ROLLER SKATING (NEW SPORT) – Wednesdays 5:30 – 6:30 pm (Frye’s Roller Rink – 2800 Poplar Tent Rd)
- Soccer – Mondays 6:00 – 7:30 pm (Frank Liske Park Field #8 – 4001 Stough Rd
- Team – Must be approved by Special Olympics coach to play on team.
- Individual Skills (starts 9/3) – For athletes who need to continue to work on soccer skills or need to learn the skills of soccer before playing on team
- Tennis– Saturdays 9:00 – 10:00 am (AL Brown High – 415 E 1st St., Kannapolis)
- Individual Skills – For athletes who need to continue to work on tennis skills or need to learn the skills of tennis before participating in match play
- Short Court & Full Court Match Play – Must be approved for match play by Special Olympics coach
- Bowling – Athletes must attend interest meeting September 6th 6:30 – 7:30 pm (Boys & Girls Club-247 Spring St NW) in order to participate
Calendar and Contact Information
This calendar lists all SONC events happening in the county including area events, fundraisers, local events, area events and state-level events.
Sports training and special programs (click the sport you are interested in):